One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it back into the ocean
Approaching the boy, he asked " what are you doing? "
The youth replied " throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die"
" Son " the man said " don't you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"
After listening pilitely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then smiling at the men he said
" I made a a difference for that one "
This is a story that I think carries a lot of meaning. Was thinking and reflecting on it for a moment when I first read it.. Guess it should arouse thinking in each and everyone, but the thoughts that flow through may be a little different.
No comments:
Post a Comment