Saturday, August 18, 2007

End of first week

Today marks the end of first week in NUS. Many things has happened along the way, and time really flies. To think just some time ago, I was still waving good bye to my men, and now, its already a week into Uni.

Went for the first field trip of the many that I will be attending in the future.. Though a short one to Kent ridge park, which is .. erm... in NUS itself.. haha... On a biodiversity module, so kinda can expect what are the things I'll be seeing. Today's session was mainly on identifying of plants around Kent ridge. Had a hard time remembering the names, all the biological terminology, bleahz.. just amazing that the plants that I learnt today, are all the plants that we usually see when we go outfield, and we use it for camouflage as well.. lolx... was able to understand the reasons why the secondary forest we are in, are in such bad conditions etc... Enjoyed the field trip.. rather enriching. Good to take a breather outside of the lecture hall...

Went to SCBA ( Singapore Contract Bridge Association ) to play a pairs competition, though a friendly game, but it was still rather stressful. Sparing with good players from all over the place. Its being a really long time since I last played there, but the results was quite good.. got 3rd out of a total of 13 teams, managed to win $8 for it.. not bad for a game where I paid $2 and wasn't expecting anything actually. Did quite ok, except 3 boards, if not could have being even top the chart. Still got a lot to learn, and its just that today, there are some sch teams playing, they got slaughtered by us... I was there before, can understand how they feel. Definitely, I'll try to go there more often to play, firstly, I enjoy it,secondly, playing with the better players, can make me improve too. Will work towards my aim of getting into Singapore youth team. That may seem a bit tall with my current standard, but an aim is to work towards to. No matter what the outcome is, I know I've tried my best, that's the most important thing. NUS-NTU challenge coming up, Muz do well for that...

A 10km run at Kent ridge park, NUS run, yawnz... last run before I go for SBR next sunday. time to take a break and will take tomorrow's run easy. Idea is to just condition my body with the slopes there...

No comments: