Saturday, August 4, 2007

Karen's Birthday

Yesterday was Karen's birthday party at Aloha Loyang. Went over earlier to help her with the decorations. Reached there about 4.30pm, and immediately started blowing balloons. A bit testing of my breath, cos I was blowing approx 40 ++ balloons. Those good quality balloons are much harded to inflate.. *Panting*...

Ppl started strolling in around 7.30 -8pm, and the place got a bit more lively around that time. I was actually alone, only made a few new frens who went there a bit earlier too. Until Jiahui came, I didn't know anybody else.. haha. but ppl was with her bf, sometimes shouldn't disturb their conversation. hanging around until the rest of them came, the ppl from our class that came was only a few of them, namely, jiahui, allen, jiacai, mindy. plus me, 5.

Walk around occasionally to see if there's anything that I can help out, and at times, went to find Tim ( karen's bf ) to see if there's anything I could do too. Soon, it was cake cutting time. Helped to get the place ready and took the cake out. Tim was telling me to help get the birthday song started and ask me to stay infront to help. I was like... Huh... Cannot lar.... you are her bf, If I do too much, other ppl's mouth will start to wag. better stay back a bit and let him handle. Think it was a good choice to do that, as everything still went smoothly.

Stayed behind to play mahjong with Allen, Mindy and Jiacai. The tiles that I got was a total thrash. I only game ONCE over the course of the whole game. was playing defensive throughout the whole game and Allen was the casualty of it. Cos I'm before him, not getting good tiles means I have nothing nice to discard and anything I discard is the tile that he had previously discarded.. lolx. In the end, Allen and me ended up losing and Mindy,( the lcky girl ) and jiacai both won. But come to think of it, I only game ONCE, erm.. win $0.80 for that game, the total loss of 7.90 is still OK.. haha.. was very cautious not to " fang4 pao4". Phew.. minimise loss. Was still wondering the " shi2 san1 yao1 " played a role, cos it was said that its very bad luck to game that.. hmm... and I was getting shitty hand the whole of yesterday.. perhaps perhaps...

Left the chalet early in the morning to come home and sleep. Now my biological clock is totally upside down. Awake at night, sleepy in the morning. Have been sleeping at 3.30am-4 am and the little sleep I has made me rather lethargic. Don't really have the motivation to drag my tired body out of the house to run/train. Need to tune back and get back to training.. Sch is starting in one week's time. And i need to go down to NUS to manually declare my major. Sianz 1/2. I haven't gotten any modules as well. haiz... That's the bad thing of skipping all orientation, course briefing and not checking emails.

No comments: