Went to NUS today for matriculation. And I guess its one of the few rare times that I go to such event alone.. Just nice Karen was in sch, so she accompanied me for half an hour before she went off. But she wasn't allowed to go into the queue itself, so it was rather irriating that she has to wait outside... Anyway, really grateful that she came to accompany me...
The process was rather slow. Had to queue up and wait for the no. My no. was like 140 away .. Zzz.. long wait.. So I decided to walk through the PC sector while waiting. Anyway, I've gotten my laptop, so that was kinda rubbish.. just walking through to see what's the price like.. lolx..
Cleared the matriculation after an hour plus, before proceeding up to the matriculation fair, where all the CCA try to promote themselves. Got attracted to a few, namely, Motoring club, bridge club, aquathlon club, Cue sports and canoeing. Hmmm... a headache actually. Realise that my interest is so diverse that I like to take part in so many things. How to handle all ? Don't want to repeat what I did in VJC again. Taking up 4 cca with cock up results. blahz...
Got contact by the Bridge club chair, regarding the training sessions, and got called down for some training sessions. Apparently, there's a NUS vs NTU contract bridge competition in the early Aug. and they are short of junior players to represent the school. Got activated to try and brush up some of my bidding and see if I can help the team. Didn't really like the guy's comment on some of my bidding though... Too insistent that he's correct. hmm... nvm.. shall reserve my comments till I know him further and his skills first.
Yawnz.. facebook is down, and i can't play FSX. ( fantasy stock exchange ). have to wait till tomorrow and hope that my shares have gone up.. haha... scary feeling to leave it unchecked for a day.
Tomorrow will be going down to practise some bridge. Just nice I have tuition after that, not a wasted trip anyway. Hopefully will be able to learn something from there.
Went for cycling just now. MIA for a month and when they saw me, they were so warm, asking where have I been and stuff. makes me feel homely, and attached to them, like a family. Nice feeling. Perhaps that's why I try not to miss any Tuesday session as much as possible. Good ride today, with the few usual chiongster charging ahead, was with the second pack today, averaging 37km/h. The front back was going at around 40km/h. too fast for me to catch up at the moment. I will TRAIN till I can catch up with them. Meanwhile, considering offloading my bike in exchance for a road / triathlon bike. Sure to encounter with lots of disagreement from my sis and mum. Definitely saying that I'm wasting money, don't know how to save. But I guess sometimes passion for it will eventually save me time and money elsewhere, cos I'll be spending more time on my bicycle riding, rather than doing other things. Hmm.. will see how much I can save this 2 months first. definitely I'll get a tri bike sooner or later... just when ....
No comments:
Post a Comment